Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not My Reality Girl.

{So I'm a good, and a bad person. I'm an impatient person. Sometimes when a band I love is releasing a new album- or really if I'm just curious- I'll troll the blogs and download a leak or two. I almost always end up buying the record though. When I stumbled on Catacombs, the new Cass McCombs record a few months back I was obviously stoked. It's amazing. BUY IT. I listened to it nonstop, unaware anything was missing from my life. And then I stumbled across this:

Girls "Dreams Come True Girl" (Cass McCombs) from Left | Right Hand on Vimeo.



So: What the fuck is that? How had I never heard that song before? So a few more weeks go by and finally Catacombs is released and I pick it up on record, only to discover on first listen that this whole time I'd been one song short. The leak I downloaded was missing the first track on the album, the outofcontrol good Dreams Come True Girl. Anyway since then I've been rinsing that song non stop.

I don't know why but I just felt like talking about this. Also, while on the subject: That band GIRLS? Fucking awesome. They have an album about to drop any day now, which I'm sure I'll download first followed by a swift purchase the second it arrives at Other Music. You think they'll mind?}

3 comments:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

met girls at max fish and they were telling how cass showed them how to play it. pretty rad.

P.M said...

Really? Thats awesome. I always wondered if he'd have been bummed, as they covered it before the record was even out. Covering Leaks? That's the fucking future right there. Demolition Man.

Human Skull said...
This comment has been removed by the author.